New Position: Production Technologist – full time
Business Unit: Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Objective: Manufacturing of Coagulation Reagents and Plasma Controls
Location: BioMedica Diagnostics head office in Windsor, NS.
Are you looking to apply your practical skills to a professional laboratory? Do you thrive when working with a team of skilled and passionate people? Do you like to work with your hands and solve problems? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team of amazing people!
BioMedica Diagnostics is a proudly Canadian company with a focus on providing custom affordable diagnostic solutions in the global human and animal health arenas.
Utilizing our innovative technologies and core competencies in the field of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, we collaborate internationally with technology development companies and health care stakeholders to develop and manufacture customized reagents and diagnostic solutions to meet new and specific, identified needs.
Our success is predicated on our ability to deliver superior service, quality and results to those with whom we collaborate, thus contributing to our partners’ ultimate success.
- Manufactures/formulates coagulation reagents and plasma control products
- Works with Manager of Scientific Affairs to troubleshoot; provides suggestions for resolution of anyissues that arise
- Strictly adheres to compliance behaviours due to regulatory requirements
- Adheres to production schedules, following work instruction to the letter
- Maintains impeccably clean laboratory workspace
- Assists with data interpretation as needed on product performance parameters.
- Attends daily production/operations meetings, and weekly technical team meetings
- Liaises with other company departments to gain clarification from time to time, or provide support to others needing technical input.
- Maintain chemical and biological inventories
Required Education and Competencies
- MLT designation or BSc in Biology, Chemistry, or related disciplines (eg. Biochemistry, microbiology, etc) with laboratory component.
- Previous experience in biomedical laboratory setting (or equivalent experience), preferably under quality and time constraints.
- Excellence in laboratory reagent handling and units/calculations (weighing, buffer preparations, molarity, concentrations, volume, mean, standard deviation, %CV)
- Familiarity with protein chemistry techniques (purification, conjugation)
- Competent in instrumentation (coagulometers is an asset) and equipment use
- Spreadsheet and data analysis
- Ability to work under high pressure production scheduling
- Outstanding attention to organization and detail
- Meticulous laboratory practices (GMP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team-based environments
Benefits of Working at BioMedica Diagnostics
- Company culture focused on honesty, commitment, quality and integrity
- Excellent opportunity for career development and growth
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Full time position
BioMedica Diagnostics’ solid foundation starts with our diverse and talented teams. We continue to look for fresh perspectives to foster innovation and further entrench quality in our solutions. If you are excited by our values, our approach and how we connect with our partners we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Feb. 1th, 2017 to: