Position: Director of Innovation
Start Date: January 2019
Location: BioMedica Diagnostics head office in Windsor, NS.
BioMedica Diagnostics is a proudly Canadian company with a focus on providing custom affordable diagnostic solutions in the global human and animal health arenas. We are currently seeking an R&D professional with technical and management skills as Director of Innovation to lead the development and execution of new pipeline development programs.
Utilizing our innovative technologies and core competencies in the field of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, we collaborate internationally with technology development companies and health care stakeholders to develop and manufacture customized reagents and diagnostic solutions to meet new and specific, identified needs.
Our success is predicated on our ability to deliver superior service, quality and results to those with whom we collaborate, thus contributing to our partners’ ultimate success.
- Technical lead scientist in the development and execution of multiple pipeline research and development programs
- Direct team members in achievement of stated goals
Required Education and Competencies
- PhD or MD with a research component
- At least 10 years in In Vitro Diagnostics assay development, biochemistry, or other related discipline
- Strong and practical background in clinical biochemistry, immunodiagnostics, and haemostasis research
- Experimental design knowledge and ability to find solutions to technical problems
- Presentation and communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- Knowledge of coagulation and the IVD industry
- Knowledge of IVD design history fundamentals, QMS, compliance, and international regulatory procedures
- An ability to understand, embrace, and seek new technologies to keep company on cutting edge
- The ability to embrace company core values and promote R&D team fit
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with external partners, potential partners, and key opinion leaders
Benefits of Working at BioMedica Diagnostics
- Company culture focused on honesty, commitment, quality and integrity
- Excellent opportunity for career development and growth
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits plan
BioMedica Diagnostics’ solid foundation starts with our diverse and talented teams. We continue to look for fresh perspectives to foster innovation and further entrench quality in our solutions. If you are excited by our values, our approach and how we connect with our partners we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by December 7th, 2018.